Blogging is hard work – effort and time are needed to create helpful content for readers. So it’s no surprise that most bloggers would like some income streams in return. Affiliate marketing can bring in a great income.
What does it take to become a successful affiliate marketer?
Simple! Learn from the best – Michelle Schroeder-Gardner.
Michelle is the creator of Making Sense of Cents, a personal finance blog. When she started her blog in 2011, she never imagined that it could propel her not just into fame, but also successfully built it into a $1,000,000+ business.
This has given her the freedom to travel full-time.
Find out how she went from $0 to over $50,000 per month in affiliate income alone. If you’re looking to increase your blogging income, check out Michelle’s Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course. In this interview, Michelle shares with us her valuable experiences and insights.
Good news! From 24th May to 27th May (11.59 pm PT), there’s a 20% discount on this course through my links.
This is a very limited time offer. The coupon code is MAY20PERCENTOFFCC
You pay only $157.60, instead of the usual $197. This saves you $39.40. It’s a great time to think about getting this course at a lower price.
1. What led you to create Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course?
I decided to create my Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course because I was being asked about affiliate marketing quite regularly. What seemed normal and easy to me when it came to affiliate marketing, hasn’t easy for others, so I knew I had to create this course so that I could get my knowledge out. Affiliate marketing is great, and I want others to benefit from it as well!
2. How long did you take to create this course?
It took me a few months to create the course, but I was planning it for probably around one year.
3. How often do you update the information in Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course?
I update the information in the course whenever something needs to be updated. My last update was just a few days ago.
4. What makes Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing unique and different from other affiliate marketing courses?
My course is different from others for many reasons.
1) I regularly earn over $50,000 a month from affiliate marketing
2) I show my exact strategies
3) It’s specifically for bloggers
4) It’s real! So many affiliate marketing courses that exist out there are just get rich quick schemes – it’s
In Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing, students will learn:
-The basics of affiliate marketing, what it is, etc.
-The positives of affiliate marketing and why all online influencers should be doing it
-The exact steps I’ve taken to earn over $400,000 from a single blog post
-How to pick the correct affiliate products to promote
-How to increase conversions
-How to build trust and not lose followers
-Required disclosures that you need to know about
-The one major tool you need for affiliate marketing
-Different strategies to use to promote your affiliate products
-How to use Pinterest to succeed at affiliate marketing (yes, this includes the newest Pinterest
[Jo: students also get to join Michelle’s extremely helpful exclusive Facebook group].
5. Can you tell us what challenges you have faced on your journey to becoming a highly successful affiliate influencer?
I was interested in affiliate marketing well before I gave it a shot. This is because I never thought it was possible before. I always thought that you had to have a huge following and a ton of page views in order to be successful with affiliate marketing.
Well, one day I decided to give myself a goal of earning affiliate income, and I worked towards achieving that goal. I started by making a little bit each month, and then it just continued to grow month after month. I now know that you don’t need a ton of page views or a huge following in order to make a great income through affiliate marketing.
I love affiliate income because it can feel quite passive. You can create just one blog post or social media post, and potentially earn money from it years down the line, as long as you maintain it and keep generating traffic to it. With affiliate marketing, I can enjoy life more and know that I am still able to earn a great living promoting products that I use and enjoy.
Think about it this way: If you already enjoy a product or service, why not get paid to promote it correctly to your audience?
6. What do you think are the most important qualities to become a highly successful affiliate marketer?
The three most important things that a successful affiliate marketer needs are:
1) A loyal audience and trust. You don’t need a ton of followers in order to make money with affiliate marketing, but you definitely need a loyal audience that trusts what you have to say. If they don’t trust you, then they won’t purchase anything through you.
2) A platform. Whether you are hoping to make affiliate income through a blog, a social media account, word of mouth, or something else, you need some sort of platform so that you can get your word out and promote affiliate offers.
3) A strategy. You cannot, I repeat CANNOT, just slap affiliate links on your blog and hope to make affiliate income. You have to have some sort of strategy, which is what I teach in Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing.
7. What have been some recent developments in the affiliate marketing world?
There’s always something new going on in the affiliate marketing world. A recent one would be changes with Facebook and how you share affiliate links. I actually just updated the course to go over the new Facebook changes and how it impacts anything that is paid – such as affiliate marketing, sponsored posts, paid partnerships, and so on.
8. What do you foresee as important changes in affiliate marketing in the next several years?
I would say that the biggest thing would just be more bloggers realizing how beneficial affiliate marketing can be, and everyone learning the correct strategies so that they can not only earn more money blogging, but also help their readers more.
Jo: Thanks very much Michelle, for sharing your valuable insights 🙂
This course is suitable for beginner bloggers and those who have been trying for some time without any success. If you want your affiliate income to reach greater heights, check out Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing.
Now would be a good time to get this course at a special discount of $39.40. The coupon code is MAY20PERCENTOFFCC This very limited offer ends on 27th May (11.59 pm PT).
Give yourself the best possible start by learning from the best.
Do share if you like this post 🙂
(This post contains affiliate links which means I may be compensated when you make a purchase through the links at no extra cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more information.)