There’re heaps of times when we’ve been overtaken by the desperate need to have some food, preferably cheap sandwiches that are fast and easy to prepare. I’ve had my fair share of an angry tummy growling with such ferocity that it would send a lion scurrying for cover.
These sandwich recipe ideas have rescued me many times over and I know they’ll do the same for you. Some of these frugal recipes are suitable for vegetarians.
What do these sandwich recipe ideas have in common? They’re super simple and perfect for filling and soothing our hungry stomachs fast and effectively.
If you’re wanting to save time on food preparation and get on with doing other things, they’re great too as many of these ideas are fast and easy to prepare.
You can try any combination of the ideas below to suit your taste. Mix and match whichever way you like. The more adventurous you are, the more you’ll discover new ideas that you’ll love.
Some of these fillings need to be cooked before you eat them. For examples, sausages, meat patties, chicken nuggets, fish nuggets and so on.
Another tip is to cook them in batches, leave them in your fridge and use them as and when needed. You’ll also need to heat them up before eating.
(This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a small compensation if you purchase through these links. You do not pay extra. Please read my disclosure policy. Thanks for your support. Part of the proceeds will continue to be donated to the South Island Wildlife Hospital. )
Here are simple meal ideas that go well with bread:
- Peanut butter
- Peanut butter and butter
- Peanut butter with a sprinkling of sugar
- Strawberry jam or any other type of jam
- Lettuce and peanut butter
- Almond butter
- Peanut butter with walnut pieces
- Avocado slices
- Cucumber slices and butter
- Tomato with ground black pepper
- Cream cheese and carrot slices
- Toasted bread with melted cheese and tomato
- Melt cheese on pita bread. Place cheese slices on pita bread and toast them lightly till the cheese melts. I use Camembert cheese, but you can use tasty cheese or any other type of cheese.
- Poached eggs with toasted bread
- Curried eggs
- Bolied eggs with mayonnaise
- Scrambled eggs and tomatoes with toast
- Scrambled eggs and ham with toast
- Soft boiled eggs with tuna and toasted bread
- Canned tuna – any flavor
- Canned tuna with avocado
- Sausages to be halved so they don’t roll off
- Canned chicken – any flavor
- Canned chicken with avocado
- Baked beans
- Hazelnut spread
- Lettuce, tomato and carrot slices
- Ham with cheese slices
- Ham with lettuce and tomato
- Canned olives, feta cheese, sun-dried tomato, cucumber slices and olive oil. Dip bread in olive oil.
- Toasted bread sticks, carrot sticks and celery sticks with peanut or almond butter or other types of dips
- Sliced apples
- Sliced apples with peanut butter
- You can make quick pizzas with melted cheese, tomato sauce, sprinkling of onion and ham pieces on top of bread slices.
- French Toast
- Omelette, tomato slices and butter
- Bacon and butter
- Bacon and eggs
- Hummus and lettuce
- Carrot and lettuce
- Canned sardines
- Butter and sugar
- Dip bread in milk
- Chocolate spread
- Condensed milk
- Chicken with cranberry sauce and cream cheese
- Chicken schnitzel with sweet chili sauce and lettuce
- Ham and mustard
- Silverside ham and gherkin
- Roast pork with gherkin
- Chicken with cream cheese
- Roast beef and onion relish
- Basil pesto
- Pumpkin and sweet potato hummus
- Salad leaves with corn and butter
- Ham, gherkin and tomato
- Popcorn shrimps and lettuce
- Yogurt, radish and cucumber
- Olives, onion rings and lettuce
- Cocktail sausages and salad leaves
- Surimi and mayonnaise
- Cooked shrimps and mayonnaise
- Grilled salami and mozzarella cheese
- Crumbed calamari
- Beef patties, tomato and lettuce
- Fish nuggets, mayonnaise and lettuce
- Chicken nuggets, mayonnaise and salad leaves
- Camembert cheese and canned chicken
- Cottage cheese and sprouts
- Peanut butter, raisins and honey
- Canned chicken and mayo with sliced carrots and Black Mission figs
- Gherkin slices and canned chicken
- Fried egg omelette with dried herbs
So there you have it. With these quick and easy sandwich ideas, you’ll be able to whip them out in no time to feed hungry stomachs.
If you know of others who will benefit from this, share it to help them.
Subscribe and get your FREE exclusive giftsworth $30 from More Money Tips,